We believe that the victims of medical negligence deserve support and compensation for the pain and suffering they’ve experienced, and to cover the costs of future treatment or medical care.
We do all we can to make claiming the compensation you’re entitled to as straightforward as possible, and our solicitors can work for you on a no win no fee basis.
How much compensation will I receive?
Understandably, we often get asked about the amount of compensation awarded in medical negligence claims. We know that if you’ve been affected by medical negligence, you may need to pay for further medical treatment. You might also have lost money because you’ve had to take time off work to recover.
The amount of medical negligence compensation awarded depends on a number of factors:
- The severity of the your injuries
- How long you were in hospital
- How much money you’ve lost as a result of your injuries (including lost future earnings)
- The impact your injuries have had on your life. This means the impact on family life as well as your social life
- Any further medical care or corrective surgery needed. Medical negligence can have life-changing consequences, and in these cases the amount of compensation awarded will reflect the need for on-going support
With so many factors to take into account, it’s impossible to give an accurate estimate of how much compensation you could receive, without knowing the specific details of your claim.
Your solicitor will be able to give you an idea of how much compensation you could be entitled to, based on the amount awarded in similar claims.